This is a list of my publications in English. For a full list of publications (including those in Japanese), please visit the Japanese page.
- Yamamura, Takayoshi. 2020. The Old Town of Lijiang 1998-2003: Photo Memories of a Chinese World Heritage City. (Kindle Edition) Bunshiken Publishing (9 November2020).
- Yamamura, Takayoshi and Seaton, Philip. (Eds.). 2020. Contents Tourism and Pop Culture fandom: Transnational Tourist Experiences. Channel View Publications (14 January 2020).
- Yamamura, Takayoshi. 2020 ’Contents tourism and creative fandom: the formation process of creative fandom and its
transnational expansion in a mixed-media age’, Journal of Tourism and Cultural Change, Vol.18, No.1, pp. 12-26, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/14766825.2020.1707461 (Published online: 03 Jan 2020).
- Graburn, Nelson and Takayoshi Yamamura. 2020. ‘Contents tourism: background, context, and future’, Journal of Tourism and Cultural Change, Vol.18, No.1, pp. 12-26, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/14766825.2020.1707460 (Published online: 28 Jan 2020).
- Heidi Project of Japan. (Ed.). 2019. Heidi in Japan. Heidi Project of Japan (July 2019).
- Yamamura, Takayoshi. 2018 ‘Pop culture contents and historical heritage: case of heritage revitalization through ‘contents tourism’ in Shiroishi city’, Contemporary Japan, Vol. 30, No.2, pp.144-163, DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/18692729.2018.1460049 (Published online: 09 Apr 2018).
- Yamamura, Takayoshi. 2017. ‘10 Books/Articles for Understanding Animation and Pilgrimages’, Japanese Association of Animation Studies, Database for Animation Studies (May 9, 2017).
- Seaton, P., T. Yamamura, A. Sugawa-Shimada and K. Jang. 2017. Contents Tourism in Japan: Pilgrimages to “Sacred Sites” of Popular Culture. New York: Cambria press (April 3, 2017).
- Seaton, P. and T. Yamamura (eds). 2017. International Journal of Contents Tourism. Volume 1. Sapporo: Center for Adovanced Tourism Studies (March 1, 2017).
- Yamamura, Takayoshi. 2017 ‘Cooperation Between Anime Producers and the Japan Self-Defense Force: Creating Fantasy and/or Propaganda?’, Journal of War & Culture Studies, DOI: 10.1080/17526272.2017.1396077 (Published online: 22 Dec 2017/Volume 12, 2019, pp.8-23). (Author’s version)
- Seaton, P. and T. Yamamura (eds). 2016. Japanese Popular Culture and Contents Tourism. London: Routledge (October 13, 2016).
- Yamamura, Takayoshi. 2015. Japanese Anime and Contents Tourism: Models of Collaboration between Anime Industries and Local Communities in Japan. Asia Animation Forum 2015: The Boundless Space: Transcending the Threshold. Korea Manhwa Contents Agency Seminar Hall, Bucheon, Korea, 26 October, 2015 (Proceedings, pp.193-207).
- Yamamura, Takayoshi. 2015 ‘Revitalization of Historical Heritage Using Pop Culture in Japan: Shiroishi City and the Game/Anime Sengoku Basara’, Tourism Analysis, Vol.20, No.3, pp.327-332 (DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.3727/108354215X14356694891933)(1 August 2015).
- Philip Seaton & Takayoshi Yamamura. 2015 ‘Japanese Popular Culture and Contents Tourism’, Japan Forum Special Edition (27.1), pp. 1-11 (1 March 2015).
- Takayoshi Yamamura. 2015 ‘Contents Tourism and Local Community Response: Lucky Star and Collaborative Anime-induced Tourism in Washimiya’, Japan Forum Special Edition (27.1), pp. 59-81(1 March 2015).
- Zhang, T.X., T. Yamamura & Y. Fujiki. 2014. Can vernacular buildings survive with traditional life inside and tourism outside? In Diaz, P. and M. F. Schmitz (eds) Cultural Tourism, pp.83-92. Southampton, UK: WIT Press (January 2014).
- Beeton, S., T. Yamamura and P. Seaton. 2013. The Mediatization of Culture: Japanese Contents Tourism and Pop Culture. In Lester, Jo-Anne and Caroline Scarles (eds) Mediating the Tourist Experience: From Brochures to Virtual Encounters, pp. 139-154. Surrey, UK: Ashgate Publishing, Limited (November 2013).
- Yamamura, T. 2005. Dongba Art in Lijiang, China: Indigenous Culture, Local Community and Tourism. In Ryan C. and M. Aicken (eds)Indigenous Tourism: The Commodification and Management of Culture, pp.181-199. Oxford: Elsevier Science Ltd (September 2, 2005).
- Yamamura, T. 2004. Authenticity, ethnicity and social transformation at World Heritage Sites: tourism, retailing and cultural change in Lijiang, China. In Hall, Derek R. (ed.) Tourism and Transition: Political, Economic and Social Issues, pp.185-200. London: CAB International (September 16, 2004).
- Yamamura, T., T. Zhang and Y. Fujiki. 2006. The social and cultural impact of tourism development on world heritage sites: a case of the Old Town of Lijiang, China, 2000-2004. In Brebbia, C. A. and F. D. Pineda (eds) Sustainable Tourism Ⅱ, pp.117-126. Southampton: WIT Press,（August 30, 2006）.
- Yamamura, Takayoshi. 2003. Indigenous society and immigrants: tourism and retailing in Lijiang, China, a World Heritage city. TOURISM: An International Interdisciplinary Journal Vol. 51/No.2, pp. 215-235 (March 2003).